Wednesday 4 March 2015

Breadtalk ( Thailand ) - for the love of chocolate swissrolls !


Did not garner as much attention in my 20s but now that I am in my 40s somehow I keep on getting looks from younger men even though I have zero makeup on, dress terribly casually and even have a nice round Arabian bellydancers tum thanks to all that eating.
Yeah, you're asking, what has this got to do with a freaking bakery right ? Well, another round of laser eyes pointed on my back, I turn around to face a trio in their 20s. They're embarassed that I've noticed their looking and soon they get up to leave. In their wake, I notice each one lugging a huge bag of swiss rolls. At least 50 slices in each bag. That's 3 bags altogether.
That's it. I'm going in to see what the fuss is all about. Have never seen men buy so much cake, this has got to be good.




Still, I have my reservations, seeing how many bad bakeries we have in Malaysia and I'm pretty sure I've seen this one before. Oooo....cute orange buns complete with sprigs of lime leaves as a topping. 



Yep. See the set up ? This chain originated from Singapore btw. 



 Other items I found interesting . Sure looks yummy.



Well, we finally settled on getting just one piece of the swiss roll. Walked out and opened it up.
Soon as the first bite, he doubled back and bought more. It was so, so good. The cocoa , the chocolate...mmmmmm ! Fantastic ! 
Upon returning home, we zipped to what we thought was the nearest outlet. But no, Bread History is not the same as Breadtalk. Bread History is a local copycat, jumping on the same name sounding bandwagon, with a similar brand logo right down to the colour and font . How annoying. And no. Their swiss roll simply cannot compare to Breadtalk's.


Location : Megabangna

No comments: