Friday 24 April 2015

Fish head curry stall - Sin Kim San , Rangoon Road


It's been raining hence the weather is much cooler today. Time for something spicy. An excuse actually . I just want to set my mouth on fire while satiating my craving for some maddeningly soft fleshed fish .
Fish head curry does just that. It's the best of both worlds. 

The expert sets to selecting the species . Kalah or Kannah I don't know which or what, but damn, the flesh is damn, damn , damn good....like a cross between chicken , swamp  crab and frog leg . Yes I have eaten frog legs but that was YEARS ago . This is a fish we're talking about with texture of  
3 animal species. 

All this talk about the head, where's the fish head ? Ok let's lift it out from under the luscious pile of okra , onions and mint now shall we ? 



Ah here it is. Revolting to the uninitiated , but this is quite a hot favourite amongst Malaysian business people . Some believe think that consuming fish head makes one more um, more smart and clever . On top of that , it also aids in amping up your libido . Wow, no kidding =_= 
 Matters not, no amount of fish head can unplug the fluff lodged in my head. All that matters to me is to have that sweet flesh combust upon contact with the evil red oily beads of curry . The sweet curry which I spoon over steaming hot rice. Drool, I could eat this page right now.

While I veer away from the lips and eyes , I know some who savour everything spare for the bones and teeth ! 





Sneak shot of the chef and his missus surrounded by a fortress of plasticwares . Generally what a hawker stall looks like, and this stall, is one of the cleanest around. May look messy but messy is still a system only they understand.

Just made it easier for you to locate the right stall eh ?
You're welcome.




Damage : RM35 for that half a fish head. Yes you may order half a head. Prices are dependant on species and size. To avoid embarassment , ask the chef before he cooks it lest you get a heart attack. 

Location : Sin Kim San Cafe 

No comments: