Tuesday 7 April 2015

Revenge of the Swarm Golden Sticker


Thought Swarm was all about no brainer reward stickers. It came with the Foursquare app which I use occasionally to find new places to eat and follow interesting people with a similar thinking or lifestyle. 
Then the other day, when I was in Malacca , I finally checked in enough times to earn this Shopping Bag Icon Golden Sticker next to my face. 
Whopeeee :D ! 





Short lived happiness.
In a cruel blow , the app taunted me with the first message which made me too shocked to screenshot it. 
" Bla Bla Bla just stole your sticker "

WTH ? Who stole my sticker ? Wait a minute. How'd he steal my sticker ? Grrrr....

What you see below is the second message cos I guess he got sent a similar one when I obtained my first Golden Sticker .
 Told myself " this is soooooo lame . Let it be. No wonder he's been religiously checking in everywhere ! No, I don't wanna go down this path and play this stupid game. "

Sad to say, I caved into temptation and snatched it back today , just now. Cos my contender is too far away in a place with not much coverage I guess muahaha.





BTW I still think it's lame. Don't do it. Don't you ever Swarm enough to earn yourself a darned sticker. Life won't be the same thereafter. You will be compulsively Swarming at every opportunity. There goes your data. 
All in the name of stealing back your virtual sticker .


No comments: