Sunday 28 June 2015

Prima Falatok - CBA


This is basically a working class eatery. Sort of like a public canteen where workmen and office ladies go to. Since Hungarian food is reputed to be good , plus there seems to be such a wide range of interesting authentic selections , let's go and get something to eat !






The girls manning the counter were incredibly helpful and very patient. 
Couldn't decide. Everything looks so yummy.
There's chicken, sausages...




...deep fried breaded selections ....





....cheeses , salads ....




.....potato dishes....




....pickled cabbages , more potatoes....




....paellas....




...soups. 




However, being unused to a  lot of salt in my food, I found the dishes sold here to be disagreeable. 
Perhaps , people who always add salt to their meals would love it. Just not me. All boils down to a matter of personal taste and this just was not up my alley.


Ended up trying out the following. Huge portions made it a struggle for me to finish. 

1. Beef goulash with sausage and a cup of Turkish coffee
Salty, saltiest and the very the bitter .
Ta lang chan. 




2. Cauliflower with minced pork and a salty soup of some kind. 
Pork is as salty as unsoaked Szechuan veg. 
Cauliflower was nice. Have reached a blank. Maybe I shouldn't be eating in this kind of joint. Perhaps I should try a more upmarket place. 

But if I were forced to  eat like this everyday I would be in a really foul  mood.

Tadak ngam langsung. Chey. 




On the plus side , prices are very reasonable and you are able to have a very substantial meal for very much less forints than elsewhere , drinks included. 


Location : Budapest 

No comments: