Wednesday 1 July 2015

Mammut and Mammut II


As a regular mall rat , Mammut and Mammut II were next on my hitlist . 








Before reaching Széll Kármán tér , I got off  Batthyány tér just to see if there was anything interesting .
First thing you come across when you alight from the underground station is this. 





Next you will feel right at home as if you are right smack in the middle of Kuala Lumpur. 
Will you look at that ruined view. 
Such a beautiful building marred by ugly roadworks .




Haiya sien lah 





K....seen enough. I'm outta here. Széll Kármán tér is just one stop away. No sweat. Or so I thought. 





The escalators at Széll Kálmán tér station are such a nerve wracking experience . By the time I got out my knees were like jelly. It's so deep down it's like coming out of a mine pit. Or some war bunker. 

Ah well , MORE construction.
To reach the complex I followed what everyone did . Follow the crossings. Which seems pretty menyampah after some time due to the various road obstructions .
To get here was ridiculous. A darned long cut if I may say so. 




Mammut does have some quirky features but it is rather dated .
Still it has a charm of its own .
Plus there is free wifi. Trick is finding the right spot and it helped that there were chairs all around . 
Very comfy actually. 




 Rode the escalators , the bubble lift and them crossed over to Mammut II via an adjoining bridge .
Wow ! Very nice ! 
Shops on this side are much newer with more international chain stores . 





This guy at the teapot counter. 
I think he's so cute. Definitely cuter than all of the teapots put together. When he saw me aiming, he managed a really weak and confused smile. 
Thanks mister .
And with that , I'm walking awayyyyy.





 And then suddenly , I stopped dead in my tracks.
A post box !
And there's a post office in Mammut II ! 





 I do recall some of my relatives having some Magyar stamps in their collection. 
Damn freaking elated that I am now standing in a Magyar post office !. It's just a post office but I consider this to be an achievement. 
Lame. Heh heh. 





 Horse stamps ! 





 Here's a picture of the postcard that still hasn't reached home.
Well, no point getting worked up. At least I got a picture. 






 Unlike Istanbul, somehow, I just didn't feel like buying anything . The prices can be quite ridiculous .
But I was really tempted to go into this plus  sized lingerie store. 





Bracelet thingys that are sold in every department store in Budapest.






 Never seen so many bicycles sold in one place and placed  like that .





Time to leave and see what's around the complex.
This building  just across the road  reminds me of 
 Barcelona .






What in the world is that building  up there ? 
Just behind the Shell station. 




Apparently , it is owned by Appeninn . 
Hmmm 




Just kept on gawking 





These archs remind me of Genting's outdoor park 




Due to the fairly easy access and the unlimited travel from my 7 day pass , I came back a few more times .
Nice place to hang out.

Location : Budapest 

No comments: