Thursday 13 August 2015

Discovering Payasam at Indies


For the first time in my life I tried some payasam.
And although I was a bit wary initially , I completely fell head over heels in love with this unassuming cup of dessert . 
Tiny little balls of sago , vermicelli , is that a hint of ginger on the tip of my tongue ? Definitely contains a fair amount of condensed milk and ghee for it to taste this heavenly. 





Did not order this intentionally.
Had asked for a Banana Leaf Rice with Chicken set and omg.....will you look at how it is served here ? 




Sweet mother of god. Was not expecting this. 
3 vegies , a platter of chicken meat , one huge serving of rice with a papadum on top , a cup of rasam and that fantastic payasam.
Gulp ! What a feast ! 





And you know what ? 
Because we did not see the above coming , we also had a plate of Fried Mee....






...as well  as a Chicken Tandoori Naan set





If you were to eat like this in say ....town , you would get chopped big time. 
Like the time we had to fork out almost MYR 100 for a meal near Little India. Or another time we heard someone else had to cough up almost MYR 500 at another outlet near Indies which has now closed down.

Here ? Pffttt....piece of payasam. You won't get a heart attack when you see the bill , now that's reassuring and what we need .
Besides , I betcha it's so fattening but I loved it so much I went for seconds . Yums ! Worth busting the waistline over. 

Location : Penang 


No comments: