Monday 10 August 2015

Butterworth Curry Noodles House - Jalan Raja Uda







The shop is always crowded and after ignoring it for so long, we intend to find out why. 
Yes , why is it always so crowded ?  


See....packed. What did I tell ya.




Was completely taken by surprise over the wide array of side dishes ranging from wild boar curry to deep fried chicken even. "Let's keep the order basic and simple"..but he had other ideas, which you will soon see.........because when you place your food order at the counter, they tempt you with some real dishes on display .





Don't get me wrong, I like this curry noodle. However,  unlike the distinctive Penang curry mee, what they serve in this shop is a hearty village version which means a thicker , oilier and heavier emphasis on a rich coconut milk broth rather than the heady, robust sambal mix which is so crucial on the island.

One small bowl consists of just 3 blood cockles , 2 blocks of curdled pig's blood , some taupok and a few lengths of long beans . Doesn't very extravagant yet all of us found it to be quite addictive .

That's a plate of deep fried tofu beside it .
Frankly, I've had better elsewhere so I'll definitely give this a pass, when we " gian" this type of curry mee fix next time. 




Below, is the 2nd additional side dish.
Mosaic shelled clams .
Not up my alley .




And here's the other , a mixture of sea snails ( yums ) , mussels ( I usually love mussels but I totally hated this ) 
and prawns ( no from me )




Verdict : I'm sticking to the noodles only. Thank you very much.


Location : Penang 

No comments: