Tuesday 17 November 2015

Breakfast at Warisan Cafe



It was nice to be greeted by this cute as a button young lady 2 mornings in a row.
She's dressed in a Kebaya made from Songket and she looks so retro as if she stepped straight out of a P Ramlee movie , don't you think ? 





Warisan Cafe is easy to find. Located on the right hand side of the reception , when you do your booking you should choose breakfast inclusive rooms .
Why ? Well , if you walk in , it will cost you a whole lot more . 




Love the walkway leading towards the cafe entrance. There's a cake counter there on the left which is quite reasonably priced .





Al fresco dining area is quite stunning. Too bad it attracts smokers .




Upon entering , you could choose a seat near the busy open kitchen and watch the chefs at work .




No doubt this is quite cozy but ahah I think I see some place more secluded and private at the back .




This is it. My search has ended.
Feels like I'm dining on Divan Yolu Street again. 





Parking my ass here. Even the paper tablemats are so pretty lah ! 





Let's get acquainted with the buffet.
Coffee machine , salad bar , cold cuts and cheese counter , cereals , milk and yogurt over here.





Can't take my pics like normal because there are a lot of Iranian tourists who seem to be enjoying themselves . Don't wanna scare them since they're so afraid of the evil eye and end up spoiling their mood with my clicking. 

Anyway this salad counter is fantastic. I love the chicken sausage salad , roasted zucchinis drenched in olive oil and if you come earlier there's even some couscous available for the sampling .





There's a Japanese counter but since you can count how many slitty eyed people there are here ( I think 3 ) as opposed to throwing a coin in any direction and hitting yet another happy looking Iranian , hope you get my drift. 
Go with the flow and take whatever the crowd is eating. 





Bread counter. Oh mai gawd , I took one bite of the berliner doughnuts , died and went to heaven ! When I came back down to earth , I enjoyed nibbling those mini but super scrumptious muffins without a care in the world. 




Roti canai and roti jala chef there. Also available in the round chaffing dishes are Lebanese bread and Arab bread together with some pretty mean hummus ( I think the best I've eaten to date ) and tabouleh which empties out real quick .




Egg station.
Find the egg benedict  and poached eggs in the chaffing dishes again. I'm having my usual omelette with everything on it.  




Can't recall what was after the egg station but I know that this counter where the lady is has some very good roasted and fried vegies such as cherry tomatoes with herb and garlic , yummy baked baby potatoes and absolutely delicious buttered mushrooms .




That's the Chinese counter where the lady in stripes is hovering. You can get noodles , dimsum , porridge , chow mein and chap suey here when featured. 




Indian and Malay cuisine can be had where these claypots are. 
Nasi lemak , lamb curry ....like I said , there aren't too many locals here so it wasn't moving as fast. 




On day one , I went for 2 helpings .
First round 




Second helping. 




By day 2 , I already knew what to gun for




In fact , the Iran Air pilot and his gorgeous statuesque female crew was in the house on day 2 . 
Waiting for my turn at the omelette counter , I was wondering why the very handsome and fit looking security guard was there , before I realised that my goodness , he's a pilot ! Gosh silly me...can't identify them when they take off their jacket. 

Here's the 2nd round of a very unMalaysian breakfast below which I thoroughly enjoyed .
Good oils used . Delicious and tasty to the max . 






Service on the whole leaves much to be desired. Cutlery is not promptly cleared . The chefs are more engaging than the floor staff. 
Tell you what , forget them , just enjoy yourself and the atmosphere and smile at the sweet girl on your way out . 

Location : Royale Chulan , Kuala Lumpur 

No comments: