Tuesday 17 November 2015

Go for a dip before hitting 9 malls



This is just one part of the skylight roof which I was pointing out from the room earlier .





Although I could easily cut across from my room , I'd like to explore a bit indoor before I head outdoor .





There's a beautiful waterfall feature somewhere in the middle under the skylight glass roof. The vegetation beneath gives it that greenhouse effect which would otherwise scorch these pretty orchids .





Anyway , here I am on Level 2. 
There's a small but very well equipped gym
with the Telaga Spa to be found on this level as well .




Pretty portulaca flowers are in full bloom. 
An indication that the sun is beating down with great intensity .





The pool being rather well , small compared to the massive space it is on , seems to be further dwarfed by the enormity of the towers looming nearby.
There is but one sunbather who is looking quite cross with me . And 2 ruskies about to take a dip .





Am taking great care not to get even her toes into my pictures so I hope this explains the odd angle where I seem to be hiding behind a bush to do the dirty deed .




Somehow , the kids pool looks more inviting but if I were to sit there ,there'll be no water left so I'd better not do it no matter how badly I want to .
One toe in will do. Move on. 




Anyway , you'll want to cool down too because the shopping district and complexes are all within walking distance . Go straight down the road , take a right turn towards KLCC and Avenue K. 





Or turn left and take the overhead walkway straight into Pavilion Shopping Centre.





Exactly how far the hotel is from the elevated walkway. Sure you can do it if I can .




From the walkway , continue onwards and you'll come up to great al fresco dining choices such as La Bodega .





Go forward and you'll reach this much photographed hibiscus crystal fountain by Liuligongfang 





Across the road lies Starhill . Imbi further beyond. Take a right turn at Starhill and you'll find yourself at Fahrenheit ( where tons of foreign ladies are going nuts over the Vincci shoe store even though there's no sale ) , Lot 10 , Sungai Wang Plaza , Berjaya Times Square and the infamous Lowyat Plaza where I finally called for a time out at the Kopi Club located at the basement .






As you make your way back , you could cut through Jalan Alor for street food, Changkat Bukit Bintang for the nightlife , Ain Arabia for Middle Eastern fare ,  before you head back down to Pavilion and make your way towards KLCC and Avenue K , via the same elevated walkway you used earlier . No notorious taxi ride needed . Just comfortable walking shoes. 

Location : Kuala Lumpur 

No comments: