Thursday 24 December 2015

A filipino advice


I think anyone who has never had a Filipino as a best friend , should try to make at least one during their lifetime .
They will stand by you in your darkest moments and sing with you when you have hit the top .





This great lady I knew , has since passed on . But going through today's report on the Chiangmai tragedy brought her to mind yet again .
The article mentioned that the Thai tour company had changed a new bus to an older one because one of the tour members had difficulty climbing the stairs .

Article here : 
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152918022832255&id=11450527254

Well , this was her very relevant advice to me which I still hold very dear in my heart today .


I told her I had won a trip . And I said maybe I shouldn't go .  Because being a Chinese , well most of us put our children first , and my firstborn was still so young . So most of our womenfolk will see at least one country of their dreams ONLY after the kids have all grown up . That was the norm .

She said to me 
" NOOOOO !!! YOU GO NOWWW !!!"

Taken aback , I asked her why .
" Because now , you can still climb stairs , you can still taste all the foods , your teeth are still intact and you can go anywhere and most important of all , you still have the energy to do whatever you desire . "

I gave her the puzzled look. Thus she took a deep breath and continued .

"When you are old , you cannot chew , you cannot eat , you cannot walk , you cannot climb , you cannot enjoy yourself . YOU GO NOW ! " 

God bless you aunty . Thank god I listened to you back then . Thank god I had you for a best friend .
And thank god you cared so much about me . I do miss you so much , I wish I could see you once more but I know you surely must be very busy getting heaven all ready for Xmas right now  :)

Merry Christmas everybody !


No comments: