Tuesday 15 December 2015

Frostop - premium root beer


Don't usually try something like this straight off the shelf . In fact , I walked away but he insisted on buying it for me since he knows just how much I love root beer .

Costs around 12 ringgit or so although it says $1.39 ( USD I presume ) on the top corner of the dark plastic bottle .






Verdict : aaahhh....yes bebeh. Very nice indeed . Exactly what I have been looking for ever since getting a devastating mug of crap at a newly opened outlet in BM .

A one quart bottle embossed with the logo and plastic label , I sincerely hope they do not , if they ever gain a strong foothold here ( which I doubt will happen , due to the pricing ) , I hope they do not follow the footsteps of the once upon a time always wiped out, South African made, Frost Root Beer . The instant that company gave a local giant drink manufacturer the rights to bottling it in this region , nobody wanted it . 

That manufacturer essentially screwed up the recipe and effectively killed off the brand. Whether intentional or not I do not know , but this tactic is employed in this region as well .

So please , if you value your brand standing , do not allow anyone to convince you to reach to a huge mass market by transferring manufacturing rights to this region .
Your brand will die a natural death either through cost cutting measures or intentional efforts with that end result in mind. 



Anyway , with a root beer this good , I would pay this much for it . You can get 4 servings out of this one quart bottle and believe me , one day , plastic may cost more than glass so , collectible kakis , there's a 50 year ahead tip for you .
Just make sure you finish it within a few hours of opening as the gas will run out .

No comments: