Thursday 10 December 2015

Sons and their girls


I have 2 sons . When I gave birth to the first , someone said it straight to my face, that I was so clever for picking such an auspicious period to bring him into the world .

Today he is grown up and mingling with girls . But I don't feel so clever especially when I have to put up with certain things that come with the package of being a youngish looking mom .

Don't get me started on the 2nd , today , is just about No.1 






He joined us for dinner. Him , a meal of Katsu and me , Sashimi ( no you won't die of brain infestation if you are as fussy about where you eat it , in my case , Sushi Tei ONLY ) as well as a whole host of regular dishes like the 2 Salmon Teriyaki above .

Where was I .....yes , there we were , there I was , in front of the stationery shelf , when he picks up the call . Female voice. 

Eager to get rid of his sticking to me like the inside of a doriyaki  , I interject ....
" Your friend looking for you ? ( window of opportunity ) We will be alright ( I want some me time ) . Why don't you follow them around ? ( hoping....hoping ) "






The clueless son has no idea that there is a high probability that she fancies him .
Because before you know it , she's outside the store looking for him .

He joins her. They're looking for craft paper . Both volunteer their time towards charitable causes . 

Me , I mind  my own business . Until we meet at the same aisle and he informs her who I am and walks 2 aisles away .
She looks flabbergasted . Because he jokes so much when he's in the mood , she doesn't buy it and she tells him so .

So now , just as I am busy looking for a Midori copycat , I now have 2 young adults standing next to me . One staring , the other grinning .

" This is my mom " 
I grin painfully , acknowledge the still disbelieving face staring back at me with a 
" ah , busy looking for something "

Last glimpse I had of her , she was still staring at my back . Hubs came in handy, else I would have to contend with someone who sees me as a rival to the object that piques her interest .

Sons .

No comments: