Friday 27 May 2016

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim


The affable driver who picked me up from the airport was perplexed over this choice of hotel which he considered to be out of the way and inconvenient .




Assigned to me by the tour agency and rated four star , I'll admit he did have me worried a bit .






Turned out to be not true . 

There's a 24 hour Mc D within walking distance , a huge Target hypermart just across the hotel , a cheap Taco place that opens till late , even a Starbucks at a hotel behind .
If you're willing to walk a bit further , you'll come across all the favourite American restaurant chains like Denny's etc .
Me , I wandered the other direction away from Disneyland and found a great buffet place frequented by many Hispanics .





Of the 5 nights I spent on and off here , most mornings , you would find me on the couch above waiting for my driver to pick me up .
Most tours in California used LA as a base , you see .




I'd first go on instaweather to check the temperature before venturing out to see if it was as cold .
How childish. Haha. 

Mornings remained gloomy till around 11 am or 1pm , nights were slightly chilly .







Anyway , back to the hotel .

 I've never come across a more amazing frontdesk staff than at this particular Sheraton .

That's Maria below .... she's the best , most helpful and soooooo exceptionally caring  . Also met Rachel , who's always so sweet and cheerful , you'll feel like you're in Disneyland already. 



Danny was great at solving a huge problem of mine like a piece of cake . So professional yo . 
Earlier , Mr Lee had attended to me via email . Yet , I never got to meet him to thank him for all his assistance , but no worries as the entire team are such awesome problems solvers , if they say you have absolutely nothing to worry about from the time you check in till you check out , you can trust them to be true to their word .




My room was not only spacious , it came with down duvets and soft sink in pillows ......





....ah yes , sleep was such a blissful peaceful affair even though the road just beside my window.





Most amenities were provided .
Iron , ironing board , hairdryer ( very important for muah ) 





What I found fault with ...coffee making facilities that were literally monopolised by Starbucks  .
Starbucks is a brand that was so visible in almost every hotel I stayed in during my tour . But it really sucked to be denied the ability to just be able to boil some plain hot water and I didn't dare touch this lest I damage something .

What I really need is a normal kettle to make my regular 3 in 1 coffee but unfortunately there was none provided .





Certainly did not have the liberty of time to explore the hotel as I normally would have .






The gruelling tour schedule saw to it that I spent at least one over hours in here recuperating daily. Gosh . 
Beautiful bathroom don't you think ? 




Was around this time , when my hair got dried out and terribly tangled from the winds and I started using the conditioner provided .
My advice ....use it ! Their hair conditioner is beyond effective , some people asked me if I'd gone and done up my hair at a salon !





Not a reflective shot lol .
Just for me to remember the moment by .
Own joke .





Other service provided , is the free Disneyland Shuttle .
One can walk there if you want , but most people will opt for this .




Surely you won't want to wear the small ones tender feet out before reaching the magical kingdom right ?

Most important thing you have to remember is that when you return , to try and not take the last shuttle . Loads of people stay back for the firework display and then rush for the shuttle. You can push it if you want to but let's say there's no more space , you might just have to take a cab in the end .





Was given an upgrade on the last day .






That entitled me to a quick but very yummy breakfast on the executive floor.
Nice  !
 Thanks Sheraton !





Will miss the place and the unforgettable team that made my stay most wonderful .




Location : Garden Grove , Anaheim , California

No comments: