Thursday 23 June 2016

Restoran C.H.Tay - Jalan Gangsa


Each venture into Alor Setar turns up something new . Stumbled upon this restaurant while searching for another place .





This picture up on the wall shows you their brief history .
Seems they started in 2003 and now even have a branch in Shah Alam .
Somehow the most famous makan shops seem to have their beginnings in Jalan Putra .





Since it's my very first time stepping foot into this shop , how do I know whether they are famous or not ?

Take a look at the plaque next to those 3 men , right above the man in a white tee . 

That , is a picture of the Hong Kong Sek Sun ....considered a God of Makan , a mortal who goes by the name of Hugo Leung aka Toto .







Before we proceeded with our order , we asked the nice little old lady for suggestions . 
" We are known for our koay teow thn'g and fishball too "
That's what she said and that's not just what we're having 


Gentle soup , plain tasting , a somewhat blander version of the now defunct Heng Kee at Chai Leng Park .
Fishballs have that plastic like caterpillar shaped pork meatball texture , not exactly soft neither is it smooth .
Didn't do it for me but he loved this bowl tremendously . In fact so much he dreams of this more than muah ever since .





Steamed chicken drumstick .
The sauce was tasty but I honestly  won't recommend this unless you are really "gian" for pak cham keh and have no where else to turn to . 





What got me all whooping with joy was the hot hot hot Tomyam Vermicelli noodles .
Only the finest vermicelli is used , unlike most places in Penang which give us that cheaper but thicker noodle .
Comparable to that very syok Tomyam stall up in Prangin Mall , almost as insane as that place next to the Chew Jetty . But wait 
.... inside the bowl were medium sized super fresh prawns !
Oh my gawd .....I floated straight up to heaven !
Excellent ! Superb ! 
Not too oily , super hot .....just the kind of thing that perks my tee tees up !
Oh yeah I said that . And anyone of you southern Thai Tomyam kakis will know what I'm talking about .







Stewed chicken feet .
The soft gelatine benefits our ageing joints .
F-R-E-S-H .
Delicious ! 
Started off politely but towards the end we fought over it with our chopsticks haha






Bear one thing in mind when you arrive here .
You will either super love this place or super loathe it . 
If I had to down the koay teow thn'g I would probably not come back but oh mai gawd , that Tomyam , the one that makes my cheek pockets secret juice , that's the fire I need in my life ...yeah baby !

I'll be back .

Location : Alor Setar , Jalan Gangsa 

No comments: