Wednesday 22 June 2016

New ckt sifu in town



Found a new evening ckt place in town and to me, it is nothing short of amazing .
The saltier , spicier type of ckt that makes your saliva thicken and curdle ....regular ckt fans will get my drift .

Only one flaw , the intriguing looking chef with light eyebrows, is a one man operating show, who doesn't seem to be able to cope if more people turn up . 








Finding him was simply unexpected . Due to so many tourist arrivals these days , a really great plate of ckt has turned into a farce .
Some places have omitted ingredients , a few crooks use gutter oil , there are those who dare to serve ingredients that should not be served almost raw and frankly many places just suck . 
So disappointed really.

Like I said , I did not expect to find this fellow as I was actually hunting for a plate of fried yellow mee ( done ckt style ) which led us to criss cross town till I almost threw in the towel .
Wednesday is NOT a good time to go searching for such a dish on the island .
The Bagan Jermal , New Lane , Rangoon Road's and Padang Brown stalls were all not open .

Don't like Sin Hwa's ,am still silently  boycotting Bee Hooi's , absolutely hate Siam Road's , Burma Road's and Ah Leng ckt , not in the mood for Kimberley Street's crayfish variation ....so please , all these places were simply out of the question for me .


Hubs suggested another location . I always trust his recommendations ....well most times , except when it comes to Siam Road and Burma Road , he's on his own .

Into that new area we ventured .
Passed by the first glutton's corner , then he mentioned another place near a roundabout , which I eventually went to check out . Bear in mind , I was on the lookout for yellow mee , not koay teow .

First thing that hit me as I entered was the strong oily whiff of chopped garlic and heady whirlwind of dried pounded chillies . Floored me there and then . My nose tells me this is it . 
Even if he doesn't have yellow noodles , we are giving this a shot .

Dressed in a short sleeved white pagoda tee and black wushu pants , my goodness , what a nice looking ckt sifu this is . 
In my opinion , he is quite good looking . 
Middle aged but still a looker with dancing , laughing eyes , and a ready apologetic smile . Nice guy .

Have we caught out a great one in the making ? Can we keep him a secret ? 

Apparently , the very act of me standing there patiently waiting for my tiffin attracted more customers to order some for themselves . But those who can recognise the signature whiff of a great plate headed straight in after giving him their orders .

He looked pleased as punch with the mounting orders . Am glad for him and truly hope he succeeds and stays put . Because the stall where he is operating from used to be the same stall that catapulted another seller to fame . 
The last operator made so much money , he shifted to a brand new shoplot opposite a school .
However , he lost most of his customers because of the change in location  .

Where is this place ?  
Let me eat a few more times in peace first , then I will post it up here .
Check back one or two weeks later .



No comments: