Wednesday 19 October 2016

Pink is to Candy


She is nothing like you have ever seen before . The mere mention of her name will elicit an immediate sort of response from those involved in the West Coast tourism industry . Everyone knows who she is . 

Except me at the time .

Honestly , I was so shocked when I first met her . From the hair to her choice of togs ( at her age ! ) to her flower petalled clogs and her bag , plus her nail colour oh wow .... I was really in a daze even though I myself like the colour Pink and Hello Kitty stuff .





We were tripping to Vegas in a Pink Hello Kitty Bus with a burly driver dressed in a Pondan Pink tee and a tour guide ( named Candy ) that can outdo any traffic light . There is no excuse , but yes I was judgemental at the time and have to admit I was a little afraid of her .

At first I thought her choice of attire was to make it simpler for us tourists to locate her , then along the way , after encountering one angry white male at the Hoover Dam , I assumed that this was womanly strategy enough to overcome any form of unreasonable hostility hands down .

But I am quietly observant when it comes to other humans and I saw how all the other men around her treated her with a veil of protective kindness and went out of their way to help her . For you men haters out there , you know , men do and can rise up to the occasion and this is one instance where they shine in the background  .

Then on the final day , I happened to chat with a guide who personally knew her . Only then did her story emerge .

Let me tell you that if you ever should bump into her , this is one woman who has gone through some tests in her life . Despite it all , she still finds a reason to be happy and that's where the Hello Kitty , and Pink colour step in .

They provide her with a constant source of happiness  .
They make her happy and that's all we need to know really .

Dear Candy , I wish you well . I will never forget you and hope to bump into you some day . 
It takes a strong woman to don such bold colours and you are indeed one of the strongest women out there .
I think of you each time I put on an ugh nail colour and it , never fails to put a smile on my face after that .




No comments: