Thursday 12 January 2017

Leipzig Weihnachtsmarkt - fisch that was not a fish


Think I'm getting the hang of placing yet another wrong order .
If I am not wrong , anything you think they are selling , that you would not expect them to be selling because you haven't got an internet connection to check the word out , those items , are placed on the far right of the display case .




But of course we did not know that yet .
It all looked like fish to me .



On the furthest left were squid rings , nuggets , fingers .....nah 


Chose the item on the furthest right and then this man starting yanking the sauce out


Little did we know that my ridiculous  outfit had attracted a number of aunties in town . Obviously they were so smitten and admiring it ( mai gawds I can be a major trendsetter for seniors here maybe next year , every old lady will be wearing their wooly bathrobes out into the cold  ) they had slowly followed me here because suddenly they ( these aunties ) all wanted to eat here . 
Which scared me because they also wanted to stand near me . Felt a bit claustrophobic and wedged in and promptly shifted to another less crowded area . 

Temporary fame is such a bitch .
From fashion faux pas to trendsetter . Wow !
I could hog the headlines in Leipzig .
For months . Maybe even years .
Can't even leave the washroom without hiding behind some sunnies .

Gosh . Stop daydreaming and let's eat some fisch .

Whoops .
Turned out to be prawns .
Haiiiyaaaa....

Which brings us to a new word to learn . 

Garnelen nicht .
Nicht Garnelen .
Nein . Nein. Nein .

Next time .



Earlier , this place was empty.
Me and my ridiculous get up helped fill the place up.
Yup , my powerful aura only happened to work in this town .
Lololol .
True story . Not making it up .

Bu-buy aunties .



Location : Leipzig 

No comments: