Thursday 23 November 2017

Ah Soon Kor Har Mee - now at Seong Huat


We finally tracked down Ah Soon Kor . As you all know , we're huge fans of his hokkien mee which is and has always been so unique and remained so consistent , no matter how many times and kopitiams he has migrated to throughout the island .

But first , lemme tell you a little bit about a new discovery .





Koay teow thn'g .
Marvellous plain and bland koay teow thn'g , with a hint of herbs , like a cross between the one sold by the old uncle in Chai Leng Park last time , very faint lok mei double boiled soup , with the silkiest noodle reminiscent of one very famous shop selling hor fun in Petaling Street  opposite that famous boxing chicken brand of bbq meat , when I was no more than 9 years of age .
Another legend unearthed on the island .




There is not much taste yet somehow I love it . It reminds me so much of the Heng Kee old man , that moody grumpy , cantankerous fellow . Ah , how I miss that wholesome deliciously bland and flat soup of his . It's a no brainer how I ended up loving something like that so much , but it was so good , I have to keep my mouth corners shut , as I recall the satisfying kick it delivered .
The noodles are so smooth , I slip back in time . Oh how cocky the seller in P.S. eventually became until he changed his noodle supplier overnight and lost all of his customers in the blink of an eye .

Honestly , I don't really like the shredded chicken ( too dry ) nor the fishballs ( bit of problem with the fishy smell ) here at Seong Huat , but I could drink this soup piping hot the whole day and not get tired of it .



Moving onto Ah Soon Kor's hokkien mee . 
Kindly refer to an older post over what I think of this . For me to feel so elated over finding him at long last , surely must tell you a lot already .

Click here Ah Soon Kor Har Mee
or copy paste this link below 
https://gostansikit.blogspot.com/2016/10/ah-soon-kor-har-mee-carnavon-street.html?

His version is nothing anyone can replicate and I am so glad I found him after he shifted out of Carnavon Street . So find all the details in that older post ok ? 



Cons : very warm kopitiam , hardly any parking space 

Location : Penang

No comments: