Wednesday 7 March 2012

The 42 inch Mystery

Received a call from a courier company today.



"Hello,Goh Lin Lin ah......"



I answered in the affirmative




"You punya tv ah......kita nak hantar ni......nanti you ada dekat alamat XXX ah....?"



 In a bewildered tone I offered a weak retort " Ye,Ye,Ada,Ada..."



Things started swirling through my head.
Alternated between SCAM and PRIZE,BLUFF and MAYBE NOT.
Look,it happens.
Shit has happened to me before,a court case almost ensued wherein I was threatened and no way was I going to accept this and let history repeat itself again without a fight.



So what did I do next,of course throw the poor man into the deep end with a line of questioning.
Which got him confused,flustered,angry and pissed.
Cos I insisted I didn't order this tv.



Many calls were made fast and furious style.
All in the course of oh,let's say 15 minutes.
My end,his end,Philips end,the drivers end,the courier company played a role too.



In the end,I put my hands up and accepted defeat.
"Just hantarlah...." come what may



Within half an hour,two smiling helpers,one burly,the other skinny deposited it at my doorstep.
So eager and relieved were they to offload it.



Upon signing the papers,there was still no clue as to who could have decided to choose me out of hundreds,maybe thousands as the worthy recipient.



But anyway,whatever it is, thank you,shy mystery organiser ,cum 42 inch tv donor, who wants to remain anonymous.



The prize has safely arrived and is now in good hands.

2 comments:

Mama Zharfan said...

my fren also won the same prize...i guess it's from Unilever-Giant contest (2nd prize)
congrats!!!
i won small digicam only from the same contest

gostansikit said...

aahhh...must be Unilever then.So hard to keep track !