Thursday 26 April 2012

Chee Cheong Fun ,Tien Lai - Jalan Macalister ( PF )



Tien Lai is located next door to the famous Sin Kim San on Jalan Macalister.

I really regret not trying the Chee cheong fun from this stall earlier.

We were in Sin Kim San,  for the usual stuff,  when a stroke of inspiration made me pop next door .






What he brought to our table, was a masterpiece.
 Composed of 3 different sauces that work their magic once you toss and mix the hot sheets of oiled soft rolled noodles with the
 scrumptious and super freshly roasted sesame seeds.
I think I levitated a bit. For me,this is near perfect. By far the best .

The noodles were firm yet soft, with just the right amount of fragrant oil but not overtly, warm and springy. One mouthful of delight.

So I went back a second time, determined to snap the sifoo himself at work.

When you stand in front of his little stall, you'll know that he certainly takes great pride in his handiwork.

Full of showmanship and flair, he works fast with deft hands, chopping, unrolling, drizzling with artistic flourish.






Take a look at that very neat counter top. Hats off to him .





Of course we're not standing in his way just to take pictures.Here he is, packing the sauce for my take away.
Best part is, he's not stingy with any of the ingredients. If you want more, he'll give you more.

And at $5 for 5 rolls. I think I've just fallen in love.





Price : from $2 for 2 rolls

Location : Kedai Kopi Tien Lai

Directions : look for Esso petrol station of Jalan Macalister, it is directly opposite,second coffee shop, next to Sin Kim San

Chowtime : night

No comments: