Monday 11 June 2012

Lok Yuen Beef Ball King (NH)



We came here because it was still open past midnight. Packed to the brim even. Barely any place to sit.




By right should be good right ? I mean they even have the balls to say they are king of exploding beef balls. Take a look at the extensive menu. Impressive.



First up. Like shit. I didn't finish it. King of average. What boring noodles.




When the balls came, things were no better. We opted for the maisin noodles. Frankly did not enjoy this one bit. I felt it was such a let down.




Funnily, everyone around us looked happy. But what I noticed was, there were many first timers just like us. Not sure of what to order when we walked in.



Of all things I had to try this here. Fish skin. Fail. Full stop. Don't understand why some people rave about this tasteless hard dish. Maybe I tried it in the wrong place. Looks quite ghastly like anaconda skin. Is like hard tasteless keropok.



Verdict : although I have tasted better beef noodles in Mongkok years before things have deteriorated to such an extent, it is best you eat this dish in Malaysia.

No comments: