Monday 2 July 2012

Sotong Boat - Gurney Drive ( U )



There I was in Gurney Drive. About to start on this yummy sotong bakar below




When all of a sudden .... whoooshhh......the wind came. "Lai liao lai liao !" the hawkers yelled as they looked in the direction of the roundabout

Things went helter skelter when the sky opened up.

My boat almost overturned, the filmsy sauces spilled blood red ketchups and bits of pounded peanuts onto the rickety plastic table.

Drat ! Had to sprint for cover.By the time I was in the car the sotong was limpish and not as crisp as when it would have been when it was hot. Damn it.

Floods ? No, not where I stay, don't know why most newspapers blow it out of proportion till the whole world thinks that our whole island is under water.

Don't you worry, everything's under control.Mostly has been that way everytime a flood report crops up. We know how to avoid flash flood prone roads.

I don't need to wade or paddle my way out of any street yet. Just sit back and enjoy the cool windy spell.

No comments: