Thursday 5 July 2012

Counting down to the next destination...


I cannot contain my excitement.

Have visited this city three times in total. This will make it the fourth cap.

On my first, I walked the entire length of the river Thames and ended up on a public coach all the way to Edinburgh with a trio of footballers , one of whom seriously looked like Ronaldo. I'm not kidding. Really looked like an exact carbon copy.

Second, marked my first encounter with gypsy child pickpockets in Chinatown during the London Marathon.

On the third,the highlight of my stay was when I actually chanced upon Haliza Hashim (a TV3 foreign news correspondent ) dropping off her child near the area where I was staying (some lousy Afghan run hotel that cost a bomb).
My jaw dropped. I just gawked at her like she was a Malay version of Lady Diana or something but she didn't notice me. Why would she anyway ?

Fast forward,today, I've seen all the usual sites, blah blah. I know where I wanna go already. I know I want some coffee with a variety of pies near the Big Ben, first. Oh yum.

Save the museums for later.

The Shard not only looks awesome , it costs 1.5 billion freaking Pounds . Tallest skyscraper in the European Union.


photo credit : guardian.co.uk


Although I will miss the grand inauguration ,happening later tonight , don't worry, I will be there eventually. Just carry on without me for the moment .


photo credit : telegraph.co.uk




No comments: