Friday 7 September 2012

Hakka mee,Restoran Xin Feng ( NH )


My first introduction to Hakka mee was at a hawker stall underneath the Kenanga flats in KL. The noodles were fantastic ! Handmade on the spot .
I still salivate at the thought of the red stewed pork belly dish that one could order, to put on top of the noodles .

I don't know if it is still around today but this is where I come if I want something close .




 Dry hakka noodles $3. Yum yum..very nice.

Asked them to leave out the char siew because I didn't want any sweet and smoky flavour to seep in and spoil the sauce.

Price is ridiculously low if you ask me.




Minced pork is not only tasty, most important it is fresh.
Noodles are springy, not too salty and the light sauce compliments it nicely.

As you can see, they don't have red stewed belly or it would be just perfect



If you're not a fan of hakka mee, there are other things to try out here like koay teow thng, chicken rice, lam mee or hokkien mee even .

While I liked the Hokkien mee soup, he found it lacklustre even though he added on some pai kut ribs



Tip :
The coffeeshop really needs some serious sprucing up to get rid of grease and stuff , thus it's best to keep your eyes off the floor.



Location : Taman Inderawasih, Butterworth

Directions : from the ferry terminal go straight, when you pass a sewage pond keep right and turn right at the traffic lights. Turn into the housing estate, take a left. Go straight and you will soon see the shop on your left.

Chowtime : best before 2pm


No comments: