Monday 29 October 2012

Aluminium foil grilled seafood parcel - Aeon Arena ( U )


When I crave for Portuguese grilled seafood conjured up by a famous hawker in Petaling Street, I come here...yes to an airconditioned food court stall , which I will normally avoid like the black plague.




Obviously the original stall is incomparable ( what with his tightly guarded super duper top secret recipe ), but since it's extremely hard finding something even remotely resembling this particular dish up north (everything in aluminium foil is either otak2 or tomyam inspired) , this is as close as it gets .




Sad part is what you see in the picture above hardly resembles the perfect illustration below.
Not a big matter to me as I'm more concerned about the taste and fiery 'kick' .




While I didn't break a sweat, I did require a bottle of water on the side.
My partner in crime on the other hand, turned chilli red and broke out in buckets of sweat.



You will come to a certain point where you'll be thankful you have this plate of (surprisingly good ) white rice with fragrant papodam to 'cushion' off the onslaught.




Clearly not a  Yes, on another visit this has become a bad case of Bo Hu Heh Ar Her.
Damn syiok (only the sauce mind you, the fish was turning into ammonia, so pathetic, I had to resort to eating white rice with sauce) even though the chefs are foreigners.
Look ....I even 'tapaued' another portion back  (probably not in the near future)




Location : Arena food court, Queensbay mall, Lower ground floor

Chowtime : lunch till 9pm


No comments: