Wednesday 7 November 2012

Springs Town Restaurant ( NH )


Every Penangite worth their salt, knows how to sniff out and make a beeline, for an out of the way, gem such as this.



Prices of most dishes are so ridiculously low , you might want to pinch yourself,
 seeing that the setting inside, is almost palatial with nice airconditioning and lighting even



Reality check.
Iced chinese tea is a 2 part DIY teabag project .
F star star hash.




All is forgiven because the prawn cube omelette $8 that arrives is so good , we suddenly become extremely selfish and start gobbling it up.
Had to order a second plate.




Ever tasted Papaya with pork soup ? $6
My first time, yet I fell in love immediately




While it's the translucent colour that got me hooked,
I marvelled at how it tasted like old melon soup.
Quite refreshing if I may add.




Prawn cooked in chef's sauce $22
While it was very fresh , I didn't really fancy the sweet and tangy sauce that concealed a tiny hint of sourness, as I prefer to savour them with a saltier edge .
Then again it looked so damn good, we saved this dish for last.




Siew pak choy $6
Perfection. 
Not too much wine, mouthwatering crunchy.
Divine.
Could turn into a vegan just because of this .
Made me want to get up and kiss the chef.




Maybe I'm too fussy but I was dissapointed with the szechuan tofu $8 .
Was expecting a kick and didn't even get a whimper of a thrill from it .
Those in my company enjoyed it though.





Location : as this place is currently unspoilt by the presence of tourists, and the prices are so bloody attractive, I shall leave you to find the trail yourself. If I do divulge to you exactly how to find this place, I am afraid some Penangites might want to murder me.


No comments: