Tuesday 4 December 2012

Hin Loong chicken rice, Ipoh ( PF )


There are famous shops a few roads down, but I only eat here if I am on the lookout for a nice plate of chicken rice


There's no crazy crowd jostling for elbow space here .
Nice and peaceful.




The yellowing signs are meant for the uninitiated few.
"Please order your meal at the counter"
" FOC soup provided . Self service only"




Don't go order a half and half like what we did here.
Their pakcham kei is more famous .
 It's just that the others at my table, will only eat Penang pakcham kei .
If left to me, I would order a quarter of a bird and whack it with some sea salt, pounded ginger and sesame oil sprinkled on top.
The soya sauce is not too salty, just the way I like it.
Didn't take a picture of the rice because I just dove straight into it. Rest assured that it is good.


Crazy about their hot and tasty egg curry.
Dare say it carries hints of Sempalit chicken curry .
Yep, I'm sure of it , even if there seems no logic for any connection between the two .
The taupok has absorbed all the flavours of the curry , so do be careful when you take the first squishy bite !



Besides the usual chicken rice, they've got quite a nice variety of extras, lined up to tempt you.
Acar, taugeh, stewed potatoes,onion omelette.
Took a small portion of stewed potatoes.
Mmmm....this is an old recipe, I tell you.
Lovingly made



Take note of  the container holding a small bounty of handmade chicken nuggets where the food thongs are..



because it was empty by the time we left
Price = 60 sen a piece

When it comes to the final bill, you will be impressed . Cheap !
My guess is that, this is the owner, as he's hands on all over the place

Location : Jalan Ali Pitchay

Directions : On  foot from Ritz Kowloon hotel , Jalan Yang Kalsom on your right. Walk to an Ambank at the corner .Turn into the road next to the bank .Continue till you see Hotel New Caspian ( a budget hotel) The shop is opposite.





No comments: