Sunday 20 January 2013

Chicken Curry - Teluk Intan style ( PF )


Was seated near the entrance, when the aroma whaffed over and drove me half mad

 " Who's cooking chicken curry ?" 
Someone seated one table behind me was the culprit who ordered this


Order sent out. 
No wonder, we were seated just next to the cooking station.
Super fail. 


The anticipation was killing me.
All these years, I have yet to find a good place for KL / Ipoh chicken curry in Penang. 
Judging from the aroma, was hoping tonight would be it.


$15 for a curry and mantow set, she said.
You gotta be kidding me.
But never mind, let's dig in.
Curry very fragrant, potato...nice.
Steamed mantow buns ok.
Things were looking up.



Fried mantow buns ....too oily.
Chicken ... frozen. 
Overall ? Best forgotten.
And slowly a shadow cast a pall on my wretched world, till it slowly became dark, as the unappetizingly chipped, claypot again.


Worth it or not ?
My opinion .... Expensive. 
Only for the desperately homesick. 
In the meantime, the search goes on.

Location : Ming Xiang Tai, Jalan Burma, Penang Island


No comments: