Saturday 23 March 2013

Malaysian products and overseas Custom Officers


Because I don't believe in risking a fine upon myself , especially when I'm travelling alone , I hardly go through the Green Lane. Opt to declare and let them check my bag.
 Thus, there have been many times, when I have had to explain what these products are in detail to the Customs control officers when overseas.
Sometimes, I get tired of living as I have to turn into a temporary product promoter/demonstrator.

3 in 1 drinks.
Strange as may be, they've never seen anything like this before in their country. Always have to explain the contents,tea, cereal, cocoa, coffee bla bla...then when we come to the creamer part, got even more to explain. 
Headache only. Can cause you to plaster koyok on your head.



Instant noodles.
Gets them very suspicious as to why you have so much of this in your bag. Mamee Tomyam is my preferred choice, but I haven't restocked yet so bohu-hehar-her.




Lemon tablets.

Especially when I have dry cough, this must go in the bag.
But then they look at it like it's something illegal.
Just tell them it's a sweet.

 
Gamat oil.
Don't freak him out by telling him it's a squiggly giant sea worm, oil .
Just tell them it is your ointment or medicine....made from peppermint leaf of course.

 
Bedak sejuk.
No, sir, this is not a painkiller, nor a drug, this is a miracle powder made from rice . A primitive but natural sunblock.



Good luck to those who are going to lug in cencaluk, belacan, budu, petai, tempoyak.
Make sure you reassure them that they are not for biological warfare .
They are the best gourmet ingredients used in Malaysian cuisine.

Now, would you like to sample some ?


4 comments:

blog-tips-kurus said...

ade minyak gamat Hurix ye?

gostansikit said...

Yup : P

Ezna Khalili said...

u pergi mana ni lin lin? i pergi Gold Coast Australia, when uncle custom saw my maggi dia lepas. Phewww bukan 1 bukan 2 more than 10 instant noodle, instant rendang, instant sambal tumis bla bla bla...hahaha ;-)

gostansikit said...

Mungkin dorg dah biasa hehe heh. Nantikan....kasi saspens ckit.