Tuesday 18 June 2013

Sushi Tei - Set Lunch revamp




The darnest thing about this place, is that it remains open even during the odd hours, when other restaurants have gone on break shift . So yeah, while I said I might not return the last time, in the end, I had to eat back my own words .
This is exactly the same set as we ordered on our last visit, on an overhaul.




Learnt to eat Cha Soba noodles while in Japan, as I am absolutely and completely NOT ....a fan of Ramen. When I returned, I taught shortie and that's how you always see on our table, whenever we go Japanese. 
Basically, it's a cold dish that's an acquired taste.




Out of the whole set, the Tempura fritter thingy on top of a bowl of rice, looked like a complete mess.




As for me, ever since my visit to Oishi Grand, Bangkok, in the beginning of this year, I've been craving for a raw diet . It IS hard to go back, once you get used to it.




Even the salads are presented differently this time round.




Salmon,in um, what I think is a type of thick miso/ bean sauce with a portion of radish, topped with sliced ginger and quick boiled vegie ( probably sawi ) .
Still prefer my fish to be pan fried or seared. While this was a change, given the choice, I'd probably pass.



What I came here for, at this hour, is definitely waaayyy better than a franchise, round the corner.
Still, I much prefer my usual haunts.


Service, is much improved, with a Japanese rockstar looking new male manager . Just wish they'd stop taking eggs from whomever their supplier is, as the Chawan Mushi is not up to mark. How to when the eggs are not fresh ?




Location : Gurney Plaza




No comments: