Monday 14 October 2013

Mee Rebus and Pasembor Edgecumbe Road



Mee Rebus is not one of my favourite dishes , and yet I found myself raving stark mad, hopelessly hooked over the one sold here.


 


" Neh, this is the beef right ? " ( it's got an awesome smoked flavour to it lemme tell you )
" What style is it cooked in ? "
His reply tells me it's a Top Secret recipe.So forget it, his trap is shut.
One bite of the squid and all the fibres unravel. Omg, damn addictive. Damn, damn addictive.




Had it been left up to me, I wouldn't even have attempted this dish to begin with because outwardly, it just looks so wrong.
But it's not, because this is one of the tastiest mamak mee rebus I've had in my life.Old recipe.Fantastic. Just make sure you include the 2 ingredients above.



The Edgecumbe Road Pasembor stall is just beside it.
So basically, yeah, they are both famous old stalls from the said road, who have relocated to this hawker centre for a long time already.


 And although the ingredients may seem sparse, they're much better than those sold near the Gurney Drive roundabout tourist trap . Of course, while I find it such a pity that not many tourists stop  by here to give it a try, hey, less man more share right ?



Talking about that place near the roundabout, I did give it a try once and swore of it for life. Because unlike this prawn cracker here ( you have to allow the sweet pasembor sauce to seep in a little first or it'll be rock hard ), yes, unlike the delightful ones here, I bit into a cracker that had prawns that went bad. No such thing over here. No rancid oil, no gutter foods. Excellent.




Most people enjoy their Pasembor, this way, but because I'm not very keen on super sweet sauces permeating my enjoyment of the day.....


...I will request for it in this manner.
Prawn cracker, kelapa ( coconut pastry ), 2 eggs and a fishball together on one plate, beansprouts, cucumber shreds and shredded turnip on the other. Sauce on the side so I can prevent the ingredients from getting too soft for my liking.




Location : Kompleks Makanan Persiaran Gurney


Directions : from the Gurney Drive roundabout, drive down past G Hotel ( on your right ) . Go straight and look out for a small 7 eleven on the right, just after a pedestrian crossing. The hawker centre is next to it.

No comments: