Monday 23 December 2013

7 hour encounter with a holiday neighbour from hell


Not going to go into t00 many details but this is what happened.
At around 11pm, our neighbour moves in.
Turns out, he and his friends have taken 2 rooms and we are sandwiched between them.These fellas idea of a fun time,are to leave their room door wide open, play loud music,get wasted on the balcony while making phone calls, drinking beer, eating kacang, singing,talking, laughing extremely loudly.
Din goes on till around 1am till I hear someone exasperated yell 
" OOOOIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!" 
"DIAMMMMMLAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Drama begins.
The most drunk of the lot starts getting emotional 
He yells back 
" LUUUUUUU  DIAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM !!!!!"


Man, he's pissed.Me and my partner in crime sit next to the front door so we can catch what he's ranting about more clearly. 

Mr cuckoo goes :
" You know, I've stayed in so many places and nobody has ever done this to me. Is this how they treat their customers ?"                
 "I'm sure that if we were white men, they wouldn't talk this way to us , they'd treat us differently "
"How dare they !"
" We're paying them and they dare ask us to shut up"
"Shut Up ? "

 At this point I think he was on the verge of breaking into tears. Yeah, like I said, I found his reaction funny up till this point but what he did after that, left a real bad impression on not only us but all the other foreigners. 

No one stopped him as he proceeded to slam doors continuously, shout loudly, throw beer bottles onto the ground, pace between rooms. It had gotten terrifying. Went on till 5am ,during which time I wondered to myself if someone would really get mad enough to go and personally parang him into 18 pieces. 

Well, we survived the night without any untoward incident, but the family downstairs looked as though they'd become cacat, like lalats moving around listlessly . 

Me, my head was swimming and I really felt like I knew what Chinese Lion dance cymbals were meant for , there and then.If only I had them, I'd give those two rooms the morning wake up call of their lives, but nope, since I didn't have them at my disposal, I went straight to the reception and said
" Hey, if those buggers are still around tonight, shift me to the other side, away from those clowns ok ?"

Reception 
" Don't worry, even if they wanna stay one more night, we're not going to allow it "

Neighbours from hell while on holiday.....huh....something you'll never want to encounter cos depending on the crosswinds you might not even live to tell the tale.

No comments: