Monday 9 December 2013

Daddy's Bodyguard


I like to engage in small talk with total strangers. No obligation to be held accountable for whatever I may say .
Yup, so, if you're not in the same line as me, and you chat me up in public, I'm not gonna look you up and down like you're a pervert. I'm gonna yak along and liven up our fleeting encounter.

So happens that I was standing outside CIMB the other day, that make believe real bank inside Kidzania, when this macho looking older guy standing behind me, decides to open his mouth.

Mr Macho : Huh, macam betul ajer kan ?
Me : Oh yeah, haha. Kalau boleh kan, I pon nak join in. Sronok betol tengok dorang main kan ? Heh heh
Mr Macho : ( warming up ) bla bla bla bla bla
Now, you're probably wondering why on earth I cannot remember his second line, is because of his teenage daughter . She, all five feet of her plump hitam manis-ness , shrieked from across the front of the gift shop ( that's quite far, taking into consideration the din and all ) at her Dad and gave us both a shocking jolt from the brain right down to the foot. 

" BAPAK !!!!! SUDAHLAH !!!! JOM BALIK !!!!! "

Omg. Yikes ! Woweeee. Mom taught this one to be Daddy's bodyguard. Act as Mom would, in Mom's abscence.Omg, omg. The way she yelled, you'd think it was the wife instead of the innocent daughter doing the honours.
Man, she even shot me a dirty look. Fuh, my goodness, what training.

Seeing the " Isyk ! Budak ni !" written all over his cross and frowning face , I quickly recovered from my "Holy sheeet, what on earth was that ? " and turned towards the bank and that was the end of what was just turning out to be a nice conversation.

Thinking back, while I can laugh over the brief encounter with Daddy's Vigilante and mommy can sleep easy knowing the little one will put paid to whatever 'plans' Daddy dearest may have, seriously, that girl's gonna grow up with major trust issues with the all men in her life. 


No comments: