Saturday 28 December 2013

Sultanahmet Koftecisi - Cevahir Mall



Located on level 5 , we made a sweep round the dedicated food floor before deciding to give this chain restaurant a try .



While you'll see their outlets scattered throughout the city, this one's rather compact and small. Yet, although it's almost always full, the service is fast and topnotch from the very busy, but highly approachable and helpful floor manager down to the kitchen help who flashed me a smile .



Just looking at the menu alone, gosh, I really don't know what to order. Kebab or meatball ? 
Notice 2 men beside me, tucking heartily into the grilled chicken breast. K...I want that.


Confused, I ask for the menu from the super busy manager and you know what, he's a gem. He knows you're lost, yet he's neither patronising nor snooty.
I like him.
No, this ain't the menu, this is the paper table mat, just wanted to snap it.


We don't have to wait long for the lentil soup. Again, the extremely hands on manager dishes it up and personally serves it to us without breaking a sweat. I don't know how he does it, he's one cool cat.
Add in a twist of lemon, something I've learnt to love.


Karisik Izgara Porsiyon 22.90 TL
Basically a mixed grill with pilaf rice and scrumptiously juicy grilled green chillie with a dollop of red sambal . The meatball is the fat satay looking meat. The taste is um, an acquired one. Of all the meats, on this plate, the chicken stood out.
At this point, it's so obvious that their forte is grilled chicken.



 My chicken meal. 
Juicy, tasty, not too dry, very, very yummy. Highly recommended.



Verdict : can " gian" one, unforgettable and addictive.
Location : Cevahir Mall

No comments: