Saturday 4 January 2014

Kozde Kanatci Muro - cheapest and most filling



Takes some weaving around the lanes near the Egyptian Bazaar before you can stumble upon this little tuck shop.



I'm just amazed at how much similarity there is to our Pasar Ramadhan's back home. Look at this massive grill and tell me it doesn't remind you of that ? Well, maybe we copied them but who cares, let's sit down and eat.


 These two, the guy and the girl, they're just super nice to clueless foreigners like me, but the instant you point your camera back, this happens. 
Hmmm...


 Coca-Cola is available everywhere in Istanbul.
The other drink too. Called buttermilk. Tastes like yogurt. Not bad.
Notice that we're sitting like this on cute little tables and chairs.


When my order came, it was an eye opener.
The wings ( 3 ) were enormous, plus he added a huge drumstick, with rice , bread and salad on the side.
Cheapest, most filling meal I've had in Istanbul .


Of course, tastewise , Kozde Kanatci Muro loses out to Dogu Mangal Durumevi ( refer to a back post ) but still, if I'm really hungry, this is it, for sheer portion, it's unbeatable !

Location : Egyptian Bazaar, Istanbul.
 

No comments: