Wednesday 9 April 2014

Pathetic but very practical

 
 
So, yeah, I finally succumbed and got myself a small selfie stick. That sad, sad, solo travellers best , best buddy. Lolz.
* Boohoohoohoo *
 
 
 



There are better quality but very much larger, baton sized monopods meant for heavier cams like dslrs, but let's face it, I'm a lady and the problem of their weight itself, on my wrist, which I am bound to struggle with, does matter.




As you can see below, you can actually detach the holder into 2 parts
 




And screw your regular camera onto the base. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy camera and that fits too.
Small, big, no problem . Only DSLR's are out of the question for these small sticks. Too heavy.
Thing is, while it's an utterly stupid looking contraption, it eliminates you having to ask ( annoy ) people to take photos for you. At least one part is brilliant.





May seem really odd and anti social to the onlooker, I think we're gonna have lots and lots of pathetic fun together.
 
Prices range between RM49 with accessories package like lens etc online to RM150 onwards for heavy duty ones at your local camera shop.



2 comments:

Snuze said...

At least you are spared of making the fearful grimace when you smile at the camera, all the while thinking what if the person you asked to take your picture runs off with your camera.

gostansikit said...

That has crossed my mind :D