Saturday 3 May 2014

Turkish men are fast, age is just a number



If you refer to a back post, you'll see how I got on a crazy bus driver's tour bus and cut across Taksim Square.
Well, this driver is not as nuts, only thing is after we whizzed through Fatih, he thought his van was as small as a moped but faster than a Ferrari .
In fact I had to balance as if I was on a speedboat. If I were younger I might think this is exciting, but I have kids back home waiting for me. Lol, not a good way to roll.




Yeah, by the time we got to the highway proper, He owned it and drove it as if it were the German Autobahn. Omfg...and I still had the guts to take pictures though the wind itself ( read... Desperate ).Wind alone could have knocked my camera out of my hands,flung them far into the flower beds, maybe even knock the living daylights out of these grass crouchers



This is my second encounter with a senior citizen driver.Please, never underestimate them. If they can't walk fast ,they WILL definitely drive VERY fast. These uncles can  drive those Bas Mini Wilayahs from the 80s. You get my drift.


Good thing is he didn't mind me snapping away as he zipped along at top speed.Anyway, at a certain point when a bottle neck popped up, he tore away into a neighbourhood and we somehow ended up in some backwaters with a small stream flowing 

 

 Finally....hope he takes it easy, cos he just gave me the highway fast forward tour

 

No. Wrong. Approaching the airport terminal, he continues to drive as if we were fleeing from T-rex . 


 Sweet mother of gawd ...land ! Steady does it after that experience.BTW, you need to slot in one lira if you wanna use these carts.Not free like back home. Bummer


Oh those Turkish men, sure have a way of making you remember them for life



Location : Ataturk Int'l Airport

No comments: