Thursday 5 June 2014

Little gem of a Japanese restaurant in Narita airport


Sometimes I let my nose do the hunting and it led me to this little restaurant tucked away on the left wing of the shopping and dining floor of Narita airport.


Wish I had found out about this outlet sooner cos although we were just looking for a decent meal , the very tasty but simple food was such an unexpected find, that it just blew me away


Prices are fairly reasonable as you can see


Thankfully this was not my order as the salmon is ( I think ) either preserved/fermented / salted. But why would I even order this next time if I don't even like the fish to start with ? 
Look at the red bowl in the corner. It contains a youth preserving shellfish which would probable cause beauty enthusiasts to ditchthe entire order and dive straight into the soup ( will show you later ..read on )


Pretty sure, Jusco customers have eaten this deep fried onion batter you see on top of this bowl of rice.
The stark difference is it's got deeeeeliiiiicioussss little prawns hah and on the whole the batter and all the ingredients are really, incredibly tasty, yummy  etc etc etc you get my drift...
See the teapot ? Well, you're supposed to pour the soup bit by bit into the bowl of rice. 
Again, I am not Japanese, but this bloody hell is pure comfort food to my oriental soul I tell ya.
Damn good. The pickles taste like the first flowery burst of spring...oh, I could go on...and on and on about how delirious I am over this selection


Now, pay close attention to this little shellfish cooked together with miso and liquor .
Consuming this combo regularly, is said to be able to harness a forever young looking you.
Yeah, like a miracle SKII you can consume for beauty purposes.


Well....good things must come to an end and as I look out at the lovely patch of spring onions and herbs blowing in the wind,  I am half filled with an empty hollow that I am leaving so soon for home.
Such a lovely corner of the airport. Wish I had known about this earlier.


Location : Narita airport , Level 3

No comments: