Tuesday 8 July 2014

The perfect tenggiri fillet steak


Otherwise known as King Mackerel to South Africans, Tanigue to Pinoys , Kanaad to the Arabs and Spanish barred mackerel in the western world , this on a plate , is my grandma's recipe handed down.
Pan fried with ginger and drizzled in palm oil , there are just no words to describe just how delicious it is especially if you add on a little soy sauce afterwards ( which I did of course ) . Yes, very we like it very oily, with a brown crusty layer on the outside, while a little dry but snow white and crumbly on the inside.


Mind you, it was not easy laying my hands on one this size. And so fresh at that. In Penang too, near impossible. In fact I had to book this before one pissed off lady got to it. She got the stomach region which is a little more bitter and not so tasty.
Ah, yes, when I do cook, I can churn out things as excellent and mouthwatering as this. Yums ....

No comments: