Saturday 2 August 2014

Breakfast was a mixed bag of marbles



We're up here so early by the crack of dawn, because we have to catch a flight out later. Besides, I wanna savour my breakfast without having to rush like crazy before returning the rental car to the guy at the airport.
As the resort is located 25km inwards from the corner of Perdana Marina itself and the area is pretty isolated, of course it makes perfect sense  to get out early to avoid any problems that could probably crop up and mar the wonderful short holiday we have enjoyed so far.



After being shown to our seats, I wasted no time, and started exploring. As you can see,instead of the usual stainless steel food warmers, the dishes here, are spread out on these distinctively different, claypot containers.If I'm not mistaken, they're made from clay and any food cooked in them is bound to taste better. However in this case, I'm sure the kitchen uses stainless steel pots and pans for that purpose before they are transferred here. 



Look at that .Ooooo... Definitely wanna sink my teeth in  that.   
   

So far , everything looks so good on the surface ,if the condiments and accompaniments are anything to go by.


Back to my seat again for a slug of coffee, I unfold my napkin and walla, looks like they mean business here right ? 
I wish....at least we had a different experience during that late lunch. You won't see me raving about their breakie.



Why ? Well, let's begin.
First of all, I'm not recommending the omelette. You'd probably fare better if you stick to a sunny side up, which I didn't but probably should have.
For some baffling reason, it turned out sweet.
Such a waste to such a nice egg station.



Next, Nasi Lemak. 
Plain weird from the rice to the chicken curry. Prawn sambal was hot and very spicy ( exciting for cheap thrill spice lovers like me )and that's about it.
Beef stroganoff saved the day. If only they provide butter baked rice on the side to compliment it.



Clockwise....Orange juice ( mmmm yums ), beef sausage ( chicken sausage was much better the day before ) , salmon quiche ( crust too salty ) , tiny piece of beef stroganoff ( very delish ) , smoked salmon ( not very good ) , walnut bread beneath that ( love it ), small piece of marmalade ( omg so thick and so good ) , strawberry thingy ( meh, just liked the custard ).


Conclusion : breakfast here is a mixed bag of marbles
Highly recommend the loafs and breads though.

Location : The Andaman, Langkawi

No comments: