Saturday 9 August 2014

Dave Bautista can act !


Now look, I never intended to watch the movie. Got dragged in by the one who wanted to. And when the whole odd motley crew got sent to the maximum security space prison, I squinted my eyes. 
Wait a minute....despite all the make up, I know this character....that look, now where have I seen those small eyes ? Judging from his massive build, he's got to be a pro wrestler. Sharp daggers mamachita ....nice angle btw. :)


Holy sheeet....it's Dave Bautista aka The Animal .
There's a certain biasness once it sets in, I mean, the man was a resident asshole on WWE . Dumb , violent villain storyline ? Groan.... =_='


Oh, how wrong I was. He almost stole the whole show and endeared himself to all and sundry.
Well not exactly, the " I'm distracting you " dance dedicated to Ronan by Star Lord was a close contender.



That he got some of the best lines in the movie,helped.
But it takes perfect timing coupled with the matching expresssions , to carry them  off  just right and he managed to play the brawns with no brains role to a Tee . Hence you get hilarious lines such as
" I wasn't listening. I was thinking of something else "
" Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast....I will catch it " the crowd roared with laughter at that juncture. This line is EPIC ! 
And " why would I want to put my finger on his neck ?" BAHAHAHAHAHAHA . 
( If you don't get it, it's time you watched it.)


After the movie, I went hunting for Drax merchandise.
Nothing ! No T-shirts, no figurines ( at least they had some awesome Bane action figures in the past ). 
There was Groot ( below) , Star Lord ( love the creepy mask) and Rocket  Racoon, Gamora even but no Drax the Destroyer.
Yes Bautista can act, but the way he broke out, on the silver screen was something nobody anticipated. He has no representation in the toy merchandise market !


Whatever it is, let's bury the hatchet. He may have been an annoying character to watch on WWE in the past but one things for sure,Dave Baustista can act ! He's got heart and a big charisma going for him.
Congratulations on your break out role .

No comments: