Thursday 14 August 2014

Hot pick up and a certain Mr Hech


This was my hot pick up.
It's huge, but not so huge that 2 persons cannot help me lift it up . I mean, I could if I wanted to, but then again, I'm so clumsy, I don't even trust myself in handling it.





As is always the case, the hot pick up was a long way off from home. Not that I minded but sometimes I feel so awful denying the organisers our presence, with missing awardees, whom others might misconstrue as not missing in action but as a case of the ceremony and list of winners being "fixed ". I won't even try to convince you otherwise. Your fear, my gain. 

It was here that I met a certain Mr Hech ( yes, tabuli ini machiem but ayam giving you a super cover pseudonym ). Ten centuries ago, before Sparta, we both attended another ceremony. He stood out to me because my super sharp eyes can zero in on people who are trying to remain um, in the background. And then he went on stage and did something so jaw dropping I never forgot him. But I was too sick at that time. So sick ( greenish actually ) the organiser actually let out an " Oh my gawd " when this pontianak  did a 360 degree headturn to face him.  
  
  Yesterday, however, he somehow breached the comfort zone and stood at arms length from me. I thought he probably sensed that I was harmless as a puddy tat who just ate a lion for lunch but no, turns out he reads my blog. I mean, woah, now that was unexpected.  

Well, thank you Mr Hech, I would like to think that we got on like a house on fire. He laughed, I laughed, rumours were dispelled. And then onto the subject of mannerisms and general attitude at such events, we're really startlingly similar in that sense. Too bad our chatting time was cut short. I found him great company, really comfortable to be with, a really warm person and I'm really glad we exchanged more than pleasantries no matter how fleeting our meeting was. 

Also, if you're reading this Mr Hech, congratulations once again. You are a good fight, fun competitor and I really like you. And if anyone lets out who you are, please know that it will definitely not be muah. We had company remember ? 

No comments: