Friday 8 August 2014

No, they didn't call



Without prior warning , out of the blue, 2 notifications appeared in my e-mail. The first ,went straight to the junk mail ( yet again ! Few times already over the years ) while the other, streamed into main inbox . Both contain items I've been looking forward to. One is ok, not bad, a wee bit substantial,  the other a small but nice treat.


Problem is this. Why don't they call to inform ahead of time ? Really surprised. Was I uncontactable ? Perhaps my line is faulty ? If it is faulty, who is to blame ? I won't even know if they tried and failed to get through to me. 
However, come to think of it, if you do indeed, live in  remote area , or have to put up with horrible or zero cell lines, then this will be a blessing . Need I add, only if you have net access and check like you know what the heck you're supposed to be checking.



Perhaps they're holding back on calls ? Cutting expenditure. Who knows right ? Maybe they've got no budget. It happens. Bad luck when that happens. My loss, someone else's gain. Cos they will find an alternative replacement to fill your shoes, if you do not respond. 

Rescrutinised the one in the inbox . True enough, attached was a clause for forfeiture if one fails to contact them in the predetermined window of time . Which is sometimes beneficial like one case where I received an item, a whole year later. I did think it strange at that time and most certainly entertained thoughts of the original recipient being rendered "uncontactable "

Junk mail next. Yup,the solitary one in a mountain of junk mail, ya, well, they probably had some problem on their end since it got sent twice. Funny thing is I remember posting something up online in regards to that and poof ! it wasn't there anymore the last time I checked.Perplexing ... To top it off, they didn't even announce it on their site. If they did, at least , I'd start to keep a look out. Check, check, check, hmmm whadaya know,  you are expected to turn up at their office to complete your role in the bargain. Or else....

Sometimes you need an inbuilt intuition , some feelers out as to when these silent moves will shuffle down your way . If not, play safe and constantly check it , all of it ,before you go kicking yourself for not doing what they thought was most likely for you to do.....Thoroughly scrutinise your inbox and spam/junk mail with a fine tooth comb, for unexpected emails and junk mails. 

Who does that ? Um....me......yikes !  =.='




No comments: