Wednesday 20 August 2014

Size doesn't matter


Am one of the odd women who are against dieting. Makes me murderously cranky and I totally hate that. So I eat, and I'm lucky ( you heard right ) to have a partner who's a glutton big eater actually.
However, when it comes to clothes...yeah...I have some trouble, I used to have to get pants from H&M in Europe ( it's definitely more exciting shopping overseas ,somehow the store just lost it's magic when they opened up here ) and some backwater shops around Victoria Station. 
Lately I've found a better store that doesn't discriminate against us plus sizes for tops , but that's allllll the way in Istanbul. Trick is I do buy locally but that involves choosing my pieces painstakingly and very carefully, so they make me look many sizes smaller than I actually am. 
It's a gift, lol, and I always have to end up arguing with the salesgirls who insist I'm much smaller.

Coming to this picture, well, at first glance I thought the rider on the outside was a delivery man. Until I realised, omg, that's a Harley too just like the other guy in black.
They're both in Harley togs too. 
My anti dieting policy shaken to the foundation. 


But then, when I look at this little black girl here, trying to shake puppy fat off herself in a very public area, I tell  myself, sheet man, this is so wrong, take me as I am. Even if the clothes don't hang well on me, well screw it. I answer to no one but myself. I'm not making another little girl feel inadequate about her figure.
And if you say your partner can't take it, it's time to check your confidence metre cos if you have it , lemme tell you size doesn't matter. It's what you make of it and how you carry yourself ,that does the trick. 


If any weight is coming off it's through mild exercise on a zero diet. Cos I love my food and I'm not going to start hating myself over every calorie I input.

Location : all of them, totally in Penang

No comments: