Thursday 23 October 2014

Plan A or nay


Travel planning can be such a headache. Especially if you like to go FIT like I do. If I were to go solo, most times I never plan, I just hurtle head on into the city without a plan. I've met people who asked me incredulously " So, you don't know where you wanna go next ? Didn't plan or read up on anything ?" Well...er yes and no I really don't have a plan. I just go with the flow and they just roll their eyes. Shrug .

But when your loved ones are with you, you feel the need to make the trip special and memorable. For them. So you take it upon yourself to put some effort into whatever it is that you will be doing together.

Needless to say, the past few days has been excrutiating . 
Took time to select flight dates, finalised after checking with extended accuweather prediction, meet up with the travel agent. Once firm, a booking was made . Unconfirmed with option to change.
She was a gem, seems she was not only clueless on bargains, stopovers and the works. She even got my requested nights wrong.

Price ? Don't ask. Winter seems to be the low travelling season but according to her, everybody from Malaysia wants to travel during winter. Sheesh. Either she's ripping me off or she's really stu.....? 
Next you go on hotel sites and search. Gosh. First you check the price against the location, then whether there's wifi. Next because places with good location means the price will be higher, you start to compromise and think that maybe you can walk. 

No, it's another trip back to the agent, with another alternative date up in the cards. I was so messed up I actually turned up with my shirt inside out. That's bloody embarassing. More so when she pointed it out to me.
Great to feel more stupid than her. 

The other thing that runs through your head is...safety and xenophobic crimes to a certain extent. 
Also why aren't there any budget hotels available on those dates ? Aargghh....was,am and will be kept busy the next few days.

Just hope I will not have to axe it and push it forward

No comments: