Wednesday 26 November 2014

The ride into Rome from Fiumicino


Dug out his camera and these showed up.
Goodie , you can now take a step back in time and hitch a ride with Mr Transporter and us


He doesn't speed,  maintains a steady momentum ...smooth ride this


Soon, the first of the ancient Italian stone pine trees make their appearance. The way into the city is lined with these tall beauties 


He gives us a mini impromptu quick tour , points out spots like the Arena until we come to this junction which I  instantly recognise since one Vespa dude crashed right in front of my eyes , the last time I was here. Stayed somewhere round the corner from here, but it was not very convenient as I recall.


As I'm not very good with maps, I'm looking hard, trying to get my bearings right by singling out some prominent landmarks...  



There's a basillica most everywhere, it's better to remember the trees, squares, fountains and statues.



So far , I don't recognise nothing 


He goes off the main road and takes a few twists ...


....and turns.


That's the hotel up ahead on the right


Location : Italy

No comments: