Friday 12 December 2014

I just don't "get" the Spanish Steps



Probably one of the more overrated attractions in Rome to me . Never fully understood what was so fascinating about sitting on the Spanish Steps. Frankly, I think pounding the luxury boutique filled street or queueing for pasta at Pastificio is more exciting than sitting here . Still, I am going to give this another go just to see what it is I'm not getting .  


Later, we're gonna go up to the street above and see if that's indeed one of the car chase location sets where the latest Spectre film by James Bond is going to be filmed next year or not. Speculation or real fact I don't care, I'm going up .



Ok now we're gonna sit somewhere here , sip the water we just got from the Fountain of the Old Boat and people watch


It's true, the sellers are annoying. They push roses and selfie sticks in your face. On the other hand ,because of them, they've made selfie sticks so hip and happening, so you won't look like that lone crazy person in Rome. Everybody's using a selfie stick. Some even got two. Umbrellas come out when it rains. Where'd they stash their supplies ? Can't be that hard to tail them. All the cops need to do is go undercover and act like a tourist.


I give up. I'm still not getting this.
Apart from that one fella who smuggled the pasta up here, if I'd gone to LV or Aldo ( omg sugar daddy's get dragged in this shop by drop dead gorgeous felines ) and shopped my nuts off, I definitely would not sit here. Unless I'm a dead tired backpacker who's not willing to sit in a nice cafe down the street . 
Let's go up.



Location : Rome


No comments: