Tuesday 24 March 2015

The healing touch that is Malacca



When we started off on our journey, I thought that the short break I'd planned would be ruined. See my arsenal of medications....painkiller , cough syrup, menthol rub. 
Sigh. Another 4 days minimum required for my flu to clear up followed by a week or so for the cough.





Upon breaking our journey in Seremban , my lungs really acted up. Polluted, dusty, so hazy, sooooo hot !!! WTF !!!
Felt as if my head would explode. Just unbearable this R & R. No trees , environment destroyed, stripped bare in the name of housing development. 




 Upon reaching Malacca , 
the situation was slightly better with more tree cover although the hazy weather prevailed 





Even though it was just as hazy and dry, the city was riot of colours with bougainvilleas and plumbago flowers blooming a bright riot of colours everywhere. 



To my surprise I only had to endure one night of a stuffy nose and the next morning I was not only feeling much better but by the time we left, glowed pink and felt completely rejuvenated. 
Cough zero. Flu too ! Unbelievable ! Where I live , Penang, the air may be clean but sometimes it does a world of good to  our system when  a change of environment helps  kickstart our sluggish motor. 




A similar situation I have experienced before in Ipoh. Went in with a persistent cough, left fully cured.

So you're probably wondering what these 2 cities have in common then to effect such a healing touch ? The answer is Hot Springs. Both cities have localised hot springs and women especially, benefit greatly from a short term exposure . No, you don't need to make your way to the hot springs unless you have athritis or some skin problems  . If the city has hot springs in the surrounds chances are high that the tap water you get will be good too. Just don't stay at some rundown place with bad filtration systems .
Check into a good hotel which emphasises on spa , relaxation and high quality wholesome food all round and your body will start repairing without medicine in no time.

I made a great choice in selecting Casa Del Rio and I will show you why in many posts to come

No comments: