Saturday, 2 May 2015

How to make a cheap handbag look better


You've seen these bags all over the place hawked by Thai traders.
They range between RM19 to RM35 and come in some very practical , attractive and colourful designs. Alas , a close up shot shows the glaring lack of quality. If you're like me , and you love bags that are not rigid in make .....


...here's what I do. 



1. Apply a layer of neutral coloured shoe polish ( I use the liquid polish in a bottle ) then rub off as much as possible

2. Next , add a coat of petroleum jelly and wipe that off too. I use paper towels and soft tissues . 

Yes , it's gonna be oily initially. Eventually it will wear off , but this method makes it much easier to remove stains from lighter coloured bags . Ultimately the bags last longer.


Rub the majority of the lubricant off with an old towel. 
This is the end result ....


...as well as the one pictured below . 


I've been using the bag above for more than a month now . Every single day . And I think it still looks good. 
Try it. 

However, if you hate anything that has an oily sticky feel to it , please ignore what I just said . Just stick to more expensive bags then.

No comments: