Saturday 2 May 2015

How to make a cheap handbag look better


You've seen these bags all over the place hawked by Thai traders.
They range between RM19 to RM35 and come in some very practical , attractive and colourful designs. Alas , a close up shot shows the glaring lack of quality. If you're like me , and you love bags that are not rigid in make .....


...here's what I do. 



1. Apply a layer of neutral coloured shoe polish ( I use the liquid polish in a bottle ) then rub off as much as possible

2. Next , add a coat of petroleum jelly and wipe that off too. I use paper towels and soft tissues . 

Yes , it's gonna be oily initially. Eventually it will wear off , but this method makes it much easier to remove stains from lighter coloured bags . Ultimately the bags last longer.


Rub the majority of the lubricant off with an old towel. 
This is the end result ....


...as well as the one pictured below 


I've been using the bag above for more than a month now . Every single day . And I think it still looks good. 
Try it. 

However, if you hate anything that has an oily sticky feel to it , please ignore what I just said . Just stick to more expensive bags then.

No comments: