Friday 5 June 2015

How to annoy a Turkish political campaigner




Seeing how the Turkish election day will be on the 7th of June, I'd better post this up first  . Was in the square next to the New Mosque and it was the music blaring from this mobile truck that caught my attention.
Before I proceed further, again, let me stress that this post is not meant to promote or offend. It is just that the campaigner's reaction was a bit too funny for me to forget. 
Somehow, I ended up annoying him as I snapped away. Because of my curves , hair colour and build, some Turkish and Kazakhs have assumed that I am a Russian.
Totally clueless as to how that makes a difference here in Turkey. 

Anyway here's what happened.

1. Spot the truck with
Ahmet Davutoğlu's face on it. 
He's the current Turkish PM btw.







2. Going up from the front now. 
Lotsa people crowding around. 
Wondering what they're up to.
        



3. Keep your eye on the man who is seated...
the one in the blue checked long sleeve shirt



4. Get nearer as you hold your mobile




5. Right now, he's noticed me alright but trying to pretend that he didn't and hope that by doing that I will eventually stop. Why would I ? I mean, he's the best dressed of the lot.
- Grin -



6. Now he's pissed. 
Muttering something to me .






I'm guessing it must be 
" Hey!  What are you doing ? "




" Just you  wait. I'm coming to turn you into a Kofte "





" The rest of yall ....I'll be back . Lemme settle this 
Amoi first "
Oh-oh...does this mean I am in trouble ?





Well, not exactly.
He asks me what I'm doing in this manner. 
He actually looks at my screen.
Yes in  the same way. 



But it's the way he walks up to ya that made me feel as if I were an opponent spying on them.
Are all campaigners this touchy ? 
Anyway, once he got over it, there he was being all smiley again. You wouldn't have guessed that this demunitive looking fellow can get so paranoid over a cellphone. 




That's a good pair of shoes by the way.

Location : Istanbul 

No comments: